Alchemy of Freedom Book Talk at Spirit Rock
Ridhwan Foundation, in collaboration with Spirit Rock Meditation Center, presents a book talk with A. H. Almaas on The Alchemy of Freedom: The Philosophers' Stone and the Secrets of Existence
The Nature of Awakening
- The diamond approach, developed by Hameed Ali, combines spirituality and the exploration of reality, offering a unique perspective on personal growth and self-discovery.
- "Necessary awakening is to have a close encounter of the Third Kind with spiritual nature, a recognition of the divine spirit within ourselves."
- The necessary awakening is recognizing something beyond the usual content of experience, a spiritual nature that is not part of our ordinary states of consciousness.
- The new element of awakening is radically different from our ordinary experience, bringing lightness, spaciousness, and compassion.
- Awakening is about recognizing consciousness awareness for what it truly is, going beyond our usual everyday experiences.
- Awakening is the key factor that makes liberation and spiritual transformation possible.
- There is an element within us and in the universe that can be recognized in its purity, and it is different from all other elements of experience.
- Awakening implies recognizing that there is a new element within us, a divine thing that can arise in our experience and radically change our perception of reality.
- The primary awakening reveals that this new element or presence is not something separate from us, but it is our very nature and identity.
- Awakening is not just about understanding or knowing, but actually being the divine presence within us, which requires a big quantum leap in consciousness.
The Power of Divine Presence
- The power of hatred can have a significant impact when shared with many people, but the power of love and compassion can make it impossible to harm others.
- Primary awakening allows us to tap into an unsullied, indestructible truth and presence within us, where love, compassion, and the miraculousness of life naturally flow.